GCSE Maths Revision for Grades 7-9 Number Topics is for anyone studying GCSE or IGCSE Maths:
Is your child studying for their GCSE Higher Tier qualification in Mathematics?
Are they entered for the International GCSE Maths Higher Tier examination?
Want them revise and master all number topics in preparation for your GCSE / IGCSE examinations this summer?
Are you an adult resitting your GCSE in order to access higher education?
Want to cover the concepts that will push their grade up to a 7, 8 or 9?
This course covers all the number content in GCSE Maths.
The course is suitable for all major exam boards, including Edexcel, OCR and AQA.
The main sections of the course are:
- Factors and Multiples - we learn how to calculate the Highest Common Factor (HCF) and Lowest Common Multiple (LCM) using multiple methods including prime decomposition.
- Fractions and Percentages - we learn to convert recurring decimals, use multipliers, calculate reverse percentages and discuss compound interest problems.
- Proportion - we learn how to attempt direct and indirect proportion problems.
- Indices - we learn how to solve problems using index rules, negative indices and fractional indices and how to change base of an index problem.
- Surds - we learn to simplify surds, add surds, multiply brackets containing surds and rationalise denominators containing surds.
What do you get in this course:
Lesson Videos: Watch as I answer questions of every type of maths problem you can encounter in class. We start with the basics and maybe a recap of prior knowledge and gradually increase the difficulty of each problem so you build your confidence to attempt any question.
'Test Your Understandings': After I have run through an example I give you the opportunity to assess your understanding by attempting one or two very similar questions. This way you learn by applying the knowledge immediately.
Embedded Worksheets: In addition to the Test your Understanding questions, I have included exercises of questions within each video to give you even more practice at solving each type of problem.
BONUS Exam Examples: I've included a selection of recent exam questions to further discuss with you so that you become comfortable with the style of questioning and level of difficulty required.
BONUS Low Stakes Quiz: At the end of each section you can take a short multiple-choice quiz to test your overall understanding of the concepts discussed. These are a great indicators as to whether you completely understand a topic or if you need to revisit a lecture and to practice more questions in order to master a concept.
BONUS Exam Questions Worksheet: Want even more practice? When you have finished a section you can review the entire topic by working through a selection of bonus exam questions complete with answers.